Monday, March 29, 2010

Wedding Cake and Grooms Cake



This was a wedding and grooms cake I committed to long before I knew I would have company coming the day of delivery and be feeling sick all week long-- otherwise I might not have taken it- but in the end- it was a good distraction and everything went fairly smoothly. The grooms cake had a chocolate strawberry filling. I really wish I could have eaten it. Of all the cakes I have made, this one looked the most delicious. The wedding cake was a bit funky and I was worried that the ultra traditional topper they gave me wouldn't really mesh with it... but in the end- I do as I am told and it looked fine. The bride was very happy. She was getting pictures done while I was setting it up but I heard her saying over and over "I love my cake, I love my cake." So that was good! All in all a success and now my cake savings is big enough to buy the cake cricut as soon as it comes out (and I find a good deal) - woohoo!

No comments: